HG Performance attended SEMA 2014 this year, and as new traditional, we attended the SEMA 2014 Optima Batteries Ultimate Street Car Invitational. Or plainly OUSIC for those who were there. Our attendance’s goal was to test the CLA45 and our slate of upgrades, that include:
- KW Clubsports
- HG Performance front and rear 2 piece rotors
- HG Performance Performance 4 point roll-bar
- HG Performance cat-back exhaust
- HG Performance ECU/ME Flash Tune by Jailbreak
- APR wing
- HRE R101 18×9 et45 in custom “Heinz-Gietz” Red
- BF-Goodrich G-Force Rival 245/40/18
- Recaro Sportster CS with custom Burberry cloth inserts
The CLA45 performed flawlessly through the 2-day racing weekend, with us being able to assess how the car responded and how the tune performed in mid to high temperatures under a lot of stress, and how the KW/HRE/BF-Goodrich combo handled the high surface temperatures.
Since the event, the CLA45 AMG has returned to the shop for some more tinkering, a HG Performance Performance Air Intake, and for the tune to be further developed.