Audi R8 V10 Brembo Racing and Raceline Coilovers Upgrade

We just completed this very exciting Audi R8 V10 project. We did some very good things to this car. The focus is on stopping power and handling.

This Audi R8 V10 is not your average garage queen Audi super car. What sets this R8 apart from the rest is the fact that it’s a track car. Street and track mind you, but still a legit track car.

The track orientation shows in the parts selection. Prior to the suspension and brake work, which is the focus of this story, the car was sporting OZ Racing’s lightest wheel, the OZ Ultraleggera. For ultimate stick on road and track, the tires are Toyo Proxes R888 – As you may already know, one heck of a popular sticky tire.


Incoming – Brembo Racing from Race Technologies and Performance Shock Inc Raceline Coilovers

Brembo Racing Audi R8


This V10 Audi R8 was upgraded with the highest level Brembo brakes in the business, as well as a Performance Shock Inc. custom Raceline coilover kit using Ohlins TTX dampers. Check out the details:

The new brakes are by Brembo Racing and are fitted to the front and rear. Brembo Racing is the highest-level Brembo aftermarket brake system on the market today. It’s a system who’s sole purpose is the track. This is a complete kit with huge motorsports calipers to accept oversized racing or endurance brake pads, Type 5 slotted rotors, racing pads and HTC64T racing brake fluid. Again, I said track car. No compromises in the braking system.


Stock Audi R8 V10 Brake Rotor Weight


This stock brake rotor weight 19.5 pounds.


Brembo Racing Audi R8 V10 Brake Rotor Weight


This upgraded Brembo Racing rotor weighs 16 pounds, for a 3.5 pound weight loss per corner.


The Raceline Coilovers

The new coilovers are custom units by Performance Shock Inc. It’s their Raceline coilover kit which uses Ohlins TTX dampers. These kits are custom engineered for each customer. We sent the specs of the car, told them it would be 90% track use, and they came up with spring rates and valving specially tailored for this car.


Audi R8 V10 Performance Shock Inc Raceline Coilovers


That says it all right there. 90% track use. I bet the other 10%, the road part, is from the garage to the track.

Immediately, upon us finishing this build the car drove that 10% on the road to arrive early Saturday morning at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA for a track day. That’s one way of breaking in the new brakes and dampers – Heat cycling those brake pads so they bed in real nice.


Audi R8 V10 Profile Photo

Audi R8 V10 Front Photo - HG Performance


By the way, that HG decal on the nose of the car was hailing to the Porsche 991 GT3 and GT3 RS we had just finished. They also got the decal. It just so happened that it fit the stock license plate holder of the Audi R8 perfectly.


Jessica Weaver Audi R8 V10 - HG Performance

Here is Jessica Weaver, aka @jessicakes33 on Instagram posing with the car. Some of the photos are by me at the shop while some of the fancy ones are by Daniel Schenkelberg Photography.


Upgrade Your Car Today

If you’re considering preparing your car for the track or upgrading it in any way, give HG Performance a shout, and we’ll see what we can do.